Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Strawberry Scone Bread

What is Thrive? As you look at my recipes, I’m sure you realize that I’m using a lot of it, and I talk a lot about it. Thrive is a food storage, and emergency preparedness company. The reason I looked into Thrive, was because they had corn meal that was, well, just corn meal. Everything that I could find in the stores had additives. Being gluten-free, I loved this fact about it! So I ordered it, and just that (there is no minimum amount that you have to order). After receiving that, I decided I would try the Q club and build up my food storage… After getting my first shipment, I couldn’t wait to open those mushrooms and zucchini! Of course they didn’t disappoint, and I’ve been in love ever since!
So for those reading my recipes, and thinking, maybe I should look into Thrive, contact me! My advice is getting something that you use, and try it. For us, we love a lot. But I bought “safe” foods my first time. And if you love peaches, TRY THE PEACHES. They are amazing. Like me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ThrivenwithRachel, this is a great way to communicate with me, and to see what specials are going on.

With that said, yesterday we made strawberry scone bread! It was so yummy!! Needless to say, we will probably be making it again here in the near future. It was gone within the hour!

Strawberry Scone Bread

Ingredients:
·         ¼ cup Thrive banana put in food processor, then add enough water to make moist
·         2 Thrive whole Eggs
·         2 tsp baking powder
·         1¼ cup white rice flour
·         ¼ tsp baking soda
·         ½ cup Thrive strawberries rehydrated
·         ¼ cup coconut oil or butter (+ some for oiling pan)
·         ¼ tsp cinnamon
·         ¼ cup honey
(Eggs & banana's)
Instructions
1.    Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease loaf pan (I used 2 small loaf pans) with coconut oil
2.    Mix the banana’s, eggs, honey, strawberry and oil mix well. Set aside.
3.    Combine baking powder, rice flour, baking soda, cinnamon and mix well. Add wet mixture and mix well. If it is a little dry, add water, a small amount at a time.
4.    Pour into the loaf pan.
5.    Bake for 30 min or until toothpick comes out dry
6.    Serve with butter and Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment